Direct #Obama Quotes You Should Know

With the Corporate Media's Blackout of anything reflecting poorly on President Obama, these are some positions and past direct quotes that everyone should know about:

“The thing you need to know about the Constitution is that most Americans don’t know much about it, and it’s easy to tell them whatever you want.  If you throw enough `legalese’ at them, they’ll just say `yup, that sounds about right.’” - Obama in 1995, as a professor of constitutional law at the University of Chicago

“Getting rid of guns is paramount to the future success of this nation.  And the sooner we can get rid of them, the better. I would personally take the guns out of every home in America and throw them into a lava pit if I could.”  Obama during a State Senate debate in April 1996

“I think that if most Americans realized what Sharia law really was, if they got to experience it first hand, they wouldn’t be all that opposed to it.  In fact, they’d embrace it.” – Obama in 2002, in an interview with MSNBC which was later scrubbed by the network.



“Having been born in Kenya, I understand the American dream better than anyone who was born here. I understand what it means to strive for change, to hope for a better future.  And like millions of other legal immigrants, it’s something I aspire toward every single day.”  – A quote from the first edition of Obama’s 1995 book “Dreams From My Father.”  The quote was scrubbed from subsequent editions

“Look, did I say that?  Yes.  Yes I did.  But that doesn’t change the fact that they are exactly how I described them.” – Obama in a Chicago Tribune interview in 1999, when he was asked to clarify whether he told students in his class that he believed Americans were the “dumbest people on Earth.”

“Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets.” – Obama in 2011, when asked about the high cost of Obamacare

“I’m not going to win.  I won’t win.  But if I do, free cell phones for everybody.” – Obama “joking” with reporters on the campaign trail in March 2007

“I’m not going to answer that, and let me be clear about this.  I don’t think you deserve to know every single thing about me.” – Obama in an interview in August 2007, when asked if he had any ties to ACORN



“They can live in our new world, or they can die in their old one.” – Obama in March 2012, when asked by a small group of college students what he thought about those Americans who disagreed with him over Obamacare

“America would be a lot better off if Florida sank into the sea, or got hit with more hurricanes.” – Obama making an off-the-record joke in 2013, shortly before an interview with CNN.

“There’s nothing `American’ about what Cliven Bundy is doing.  Quite frankly, the only thing keeping me from sending in some drones is the bad press we’d get out of it.” – Another off-the-record statement made by Obama in April 2014

“America isn’t a democracy.  It’s a constitutional republic.  The President isn’t beholden to the whims of the voters. It’s his job to say `look, it’s my way or the highway.  If you don’t like it, move.’” – Obama in 1998, as a professor at the University of Chicago

No comments: